INTRODUCTION IN ENGLISH
THE HISTORY OF OUR SCHOOL
Before the actual school was built, there was an ambulatory school in Lahdenpohja
and the lessons took place in the biggest houses of the village; Ylisiurunen,
Pöllö, Tiirikka, Tuuri, Mäkelä and Mattila.
Balks for the new schoolhouse were brought from a forest Kuutti in Vatula.
At the stage of building, everything didn’t go without problems and the school was almost burn.
In the year 1932 the studying could get started in a work partied built, beautiful Lahdenpohja
Now in Autumn year 2002 we have 20 students in our school, about which 7 are girls and 13 are boys.
The 1st, the 2nd and the 3rd grades are taught by Anne-Maria Björkman and Kyösti Rahkonen is the teacher
of the 4th, the 5th and the 6th grades. Every week our school is visited by English teacher
Leena Lehtiniemi, special teacher Tuulikki Jääskeläinen and orthodox teacher Tuula Heikkilä.
At the moment we have one school assistant Ninetta Kilpi.
We think that an important thing in school is to learn for life, not just for school. Learning the
basic acquirement and skills as widely as possible is worth aspiring to. Also accepting the diversity
is one of the important values, surely for us all. From the special areas the nature and arts are close to our hearts.